I’m in the city I studied for 3months: September 2003, October 2003 and February 2004.
I had quit the best job I had EVER had to attempt something I had always wanted to do… I used all of my savings to enroll in a 2 month immersion German language course.
- I received a scholarship to return for a month in 2004. I chose February, because some of my friends were still there, and I wanted to return to work ASAP. No one would hire a person due to leave again so soon.
Yesterday, I climbed to the top of the white tower you see in this photo. When I work out how to post a full series of photos I’ll post the panorama I took!
I’m having a fantastic journey! It is more complicated than I anticipated.
I didn’t realize the strength of my deficits.
- Focus – list list list list,
- Time – it slips away! Set a timer every 15-20min to stay on task,
- Pack/repack – why did I pack so much?!?!
- Money – disappears as quickly as the hours,
- Friends – invaluable!
I apologize for no posts, when I’ve been traveling since March 18th
- This trip is beating my ass!
- I packed FAR TOO MUCH!
- I can’t go into it much now, but I’m investigating various options, including:
- Each time I stop to #Shuffle #Regroup I lose more stuff, but my packs do not have wheels.
- I am exhausted and starving! (The stores that take credit cards are no longer open…)
- I’m fading fast… I’m going to bed now. I wanted an entry today.
- I’ll format and add photos tomorrow.
- Til later.
I only HEARD about this until this morning.
I watched it for the first time a moment ago.
It sent a #ShiverDownMySpine!
My #SurvivalDay20 trip is as much about the Holocaust as it is about my recovery
I thought I was #AnneFrank in the hospital #ForFucksSAKE!
Nothing, I repeat NOTHING is so bad about Hillary or Bernie that can excuse voting for this #PieceOfSHIT!
–>> Think about Niemoller’s poem #RightNow and ask yourself what you need to do:
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
It will be high 50s & 60s today, 0% chance of rain! Perfect weather to walk so far! But first, I must:
- Make sure I have my wallet – I need OTC (over the counter med, Ranitidine) I take for my trip at Walgreens, on the way and across the street. –>> Actually, this can wait!! It’s out of the way and I need my ACTUAL Rx again before I go.
- Check stock (online) of Prince of Tides at Barnes & Noble (I want to physically purchase a book in a book store, not Amazon, before I leave for NYC. Patrick Conroy just died and Prince of Tides is LUSH with Southern imagery and will help me with my blog. I want to gift this book to someone at the beginning of my trip and remember to bring my copy of the actual book on my trip!)
- Look at my Shutterfly account. I think I have enough credit for another copy (copies?) of my Germany 2003/2004 photo album that I completed the day before I entered the hospital for surgeries 2 and 3. (It was due 12/10/2007 and I finished it the night before! I remember because that was the date I entered the hospital for my next round of surgeries.)
- Consider upgrading the tiny laptop if I can’t get wifi to work at Starbucks. I’d rather have one that can run the video program I purchased (Corel VideoStudio), anyhow. *Don’t over spend!! Don’t get this if you can’t!! You need to be able to pay for what you need!
- Possibly purchase another Ravenclaw Quiddich jersey (if it will get here in time) with my name on the back, but now my size – this one 2x is HUGE!
- My photo book front:
- My photo book back:
Meh, it’s okay. We spoke and she knows how much I appreciate her and her style. She didn’t increase my blood pressure medicine, as I thought she would. It seems my blood pressure is doing much better, even though it was still elevated. She gave me a “vacation Rx” for my blood pressure medicine. BUT I got home and discovered I already had 66 pills left in the same med from a Publix Rx she wrote last month. I’m going to bring the paper Rx she just wrote with me on my trip. Doc says the med (Lisinopril) is OTC in Europe – I need to check this – but I can fill it in NYC if need be.
If you read this, doc, I got this under control.
THANK YOU! 😘😎
I took her advice to heart and began eating better
- she didn’t push me -> if you push me, rather than simply give me the tools/knowledge and walk away I tend to push back rather than take action!
- she was KINDER and FAR MORE PATIENT than I would have been with me at that point -> knowing what I know now about what I used to eat compared to being stuck in that recliner 99% of the day!
She didn’t say to exercise, because I had already bought the WalgreensActivityTracker and spoke of my intentions to walk, but not of any intention to change how I eat
She is an EXCELLENT Doctor!
I will get a photo with her today, if I can, and post it here, with her permission.
- If you see a photo of me and my doctor, she gave me permission to use a photo of us and I remembered to take one.
- If not, I either: 1. forgot to ask, 2. forgot to take one, 3. BOTH!
My goal – before my #SurvivalDay20 trip – came true this morning!
I WALKED to the Starbucks near my house (but not the one I used to work, because I’m erring on the side of safety) we now have a SIDEWALK to this one and there still is NOT a sidewalk to MY Starbucks!
- Same distance (3 miles),
- I brought my walking stick,
- I got my favorite drink, since I’ve educated myself on what is GOOD FOR ME,
- My dad is driving me home!
Gotta love my dad! LOVE MY #DamnOldMan
I bought the necessary tool to learn this morning! I will be making MANY MORE posts soon!
They will be better organized in phrasing and display. I prefer to teach myself, or learn by having someone show me specifically how to do something.
Example: My father is upgrading a netbook I used on a road trip in 2010, during my OccupyAtlanta days, and following my favorite guitarist, Roy Zimmerman, on a few shows in 2011-2012. I will watch him as he does this, so I can take notes and do it myself the next time I need to upgrade a computer. Dad always upgrades our computers, himself. I look forward to knowing how to do this. I bought an iPad 4 after the Presidential election of 2012. Since that time it has been my “Computer”. I love this thing!!! It does not take the SD cards to attach videos or so, which is unfortunate. I have learned a lot about wireless technology using this device. Prior to 2014, I didn’t have a smartphone, even. I received one for SurvivalDay18 from my dad.
Enough stream of consciousness writing. I’ll publish this now and write a real post later: after I eat, nap, clean, exercise, shower, get Goose, and get back.