- Calculated my pain meds through the weekend so I don’t run out, and learned they only wrote enough for me through Sunday 4pm DUH! They’re CLOSED MONDAY!!! Sometimes it’s tedious being my own advocate.
- Called AAA to cancel the continuous advertising mailings, and spoke with the most wonderful young woman! Not that I can remember her name… TBI PROBLEMS!
- While dad was out getting my pain med refill, I’ll explain how I managed to get the refill (and how much) in an edit, because this typing one finger, predicted type, now is driving me mad.
- Dad has been helpful, but grumbling.
In the end, I realized I would change something about it. I’m not sure if I want it published or not. I suppose I’d be happy either way… I don’t know who it was to say: “The kernel of dissatisfaction in one work is the beginning of the next,” but that person is correct. The “decision” is said to happen by this Saturday or soon after. Wish me luck, I think. Whichever way it falls, I will be pleased. There is another contest I have my eye on, I only don’t know HOW I will adapt the writing to fit into the next project.
For now, my left hand/wrist is hurting tremendously! When I fell in NYC at the end of my trip I strained something severely, but didn’t recognize it at the time, because I was so focused on the cough I suffered. Now, my hand is such I cannot grip even a cup or hold my toothbrush. I am proud I managed an appointment with a hand PT specialist this Friday. I hope he can help me. I don’t imagine it will be the quick fix dad sees it to be (cortisone shot), but I don’t see it as as long a rehabilitation process as my vertigo.
If I’m published, I’ll link everyone to the magazine and I’ll put my entry here. If not, I’ll edit my entry for another publication and keep it under wraps. Til later!
Reminder, the images not photos on my blog are used with permission. Please respect the artist and go to: http://www.sapergalleries.com/Gonsalves.html
I’m having a fantastic journey! It is more complicated than I anticipated.
I didn’t realize the strength of my deficits.
- Focus – list list list list,
- Time – it slips away! Set a timer every 15-20min to stay on task,
- Pack/repack – why did I pack so much?!?!
- Money – disappears as quickly as the hours,
- Friends – invaluable!
I only HEARD about this until this morning.
I watched it for the first time a moment ago.
It sent a #ShiverDownMySpine!
My #SurvivalDay20 trip is as much about the Holocaust as it is about my recovery
I thought I was #AnneFrank in the hospital #ForFucksSAKE!
Nothing, I repeat NOTHING is so bad about Hillary or Bernie that can excuse voting for this #PieceOfSHIT!
–>> Think about Niemoller’s poem #RightNow and ask yourself what you need to do:
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.