- Calculated my pain meds through the weekend so I don’t run out, and learned they only wrote enough for me through Sunday 4pm DUH! They’re CLOSED MONDAY!!! Sometimes it’s tedious being my own advocate.
- Called AAA to cancel the continuous advertising mailings, and spoke with the most wonderful young woman! Not that I can remember her name… TBI PROBLEMS!
- While dad was out getting my pain med refill, I’ll explain how I managed to get the refill (and how much) in an edit, because this typing one finger, predicted type, now is driving me mad.
- Dad has been helpful, but grumbling.
and now I type… This was available online Coffee Break until I was about one week into traveling for #SurvivalDay20.
It’s nearing midnight and I’m typing one handed, predictive-type-assist, so I won’t edit much here and now, but THIS explains the beauty of my interaction with Starbucks and the importance of Survival Days.
In the end, I realized I would change something about it. I’m not sure if I want it published or not. I suppose I’d be happy either way… I don’t know who it was to say: “The kernel of dissatisfaction in one work is the beginning of the next,” but that person is correct. The “decision” is said to happen by this Saturday or soon after. Wish me luck, I think. Whichever way it falls, I will be pleased. There is another contest I have my eye on, I only don’t know HOW I will adapt the writing to fit into the next project.
For now, my left hand/wrist is hurting tremendously! When I fell in NYC at the end of my trip I strained something severely, but didn’t recognize it at the time, because I was so focused on the cough I suffered. Now, my hand is such I cannot grip even a cup or hold my toothbrush. I am proud I managed an appointment with a hand PT specialist this Friday. I hope he can help me. I don’t imagine it will be the quick fix dad sees it to be (cortisone shot), but I don’t see it as as long a rehabilitation process as my vertigo.
If I’m published, I’ll link everyone to the magazine and I’ll put my entry here. If not, I’ll edit my entry for another publication and keep it under wraps. Til later!
Reminder, the images not photos on my blog are used with permission. Please respect the artist and go to: http://www.sapergalleries.com/Gonsalves.html
I’m making this “first post” of my experience at Harry Potter World UK (as I’ve called it) to give my first impressions and tweet about it… I’ll give my FULL POST by making a PAGE dedicated to the experience!
I post this now, so as not to waste any more time. It was April 18 and 19, 2016 that I visited! I’ve let FAR too much time pass without making an entry!
Upon leaving the final day, I was asked, “What was your favorite part of the tour?”
I didn’t have a “favorite part”. My answer was, “The people I met along the way.” I meant, of course, the STAFF and HELPERS working at the tour!
- Learning the “behind the scenes” bits was interesting….
- Seeing the actual sets was fascinating! …
- But the PEOPLE involved with this experience MADE IT WORTHWILE for me!
I chose one person who brought the experience to life for me! If I trust my memory, which is dangerous to do, I will say her name was Louise… She was in the Backlot Cafe on day one. She helped me choose which line to go into for Butterbeer ice cream! (Then, on day 2, when there was a long line and I was EXHAUSTED and broke, she came out to explain the less expensive sandwiches so I could purchase something less expensive and more filling! I walk with a cane, and carrying my tray, plus my bag and the cane is an ordeal! She very graciously took my money to the register, and brought back an eggs mayonnaise sandwich in a bag!) I will find her name and photo in my photos. She said I impacted her! I’m not sure as much as she impacted me!
After I filled up on my sandwich, I took my remaining photos and had enough remaining to enjoy a small Starbucks coffee at the entrance, before taking a taxi back to my Airbnb in Watford. The next day I journeyed back to Amsterdam and flew to NYC. After a few days in NYC, I flew home. I’m home now! What an AMAZING TRIP!
I’m having a fantastic journey! It is more complicated than I anticipated.
I didn’t realize the strength of my deficits.
- Focus – list list list list,
- Time – it slips away! Set a timer every 15-20min to stay on task,
- Pack/repack – why did I pack so much?!?!
- Money – disappears as quickly as the hours,
- Friends – invaluable!
I only HEARD about this until this morning.
I watched it for the first time a moment ago.
It sent a #ShiverDownMySpine!
My #SurvivalDay20 trip is as much about the Holocaust as it is about my recovery
I thought I was #AnneFrank in the hospital #ForFucksSAKE!
Nothing, I repeat NOTHING is so bad about Hillary or Bernie that can excuse voting for this #PieceOfSHIT!
–>> Think about Niemoller’s poem #RightNow and ask yourself what you need to do:
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
It will be high 50s & 60s today, 0% chance of rain! Perfect weather to walk so far! But first, I must:
- Make sure I have my wallet – I need OTC (over the counter med, Ranitidine) I take for my trip at Walgreens, on the way and across the street. –>> Actually, this can wait!! It’s out of the way and I need my ACTUAL Rx again before I go.
- Check stock (online) of Prince of Tides at Barnes & Noble (I want to physically purchase a book in a book store, not Amazon, before I leave for NYC. Patrick Conroy just died and Prince of Tides is LUSH with Southern imagery and will help me with my blog. I want to gift this book to someone at the beginning of my trip and remember to bring my copy of the actual book on my trip!)
- Look at my Shutterfly account. I think I have enough credit for another copy (copies?) of my Germany 2003/2004 photo album that I completed the day before I entered the hospital for surgeries 2 and 3. (It was due 12/10/2007 and I finished it the night before! I remember because that was the date I entered the hospital for my next round of surgeries.)
- Consider upgrading the tiny laptop if I can’t get wifi to work at Starbucks. I’d rather have one that can run the video program I purchased (Corel VideoStudio), anyhow. *Don’t over spend!! Don’t get this if you can’t!! You need to be able to pay for what you need!
- Possibly purchase another Ravenclaw Quiddich jersey (if it will get here in time) with my name on the back, but now my size – this one 2x is HUGE!
- My photo book front:
- My photo book back: