and now I type… This was available online Coffee Break until I was about one week into traveling for #SurvivalDay20.
It’s nearing midnight and I’m typing one handed, predictive-type-assist, so I won’t edit much here and now, but THIS explains the beauty of my interaction with Starbucks and the importance of Survival Days.
I entered a writing competition yesterday on Instagram and Twitter with #SixWordMemoir Theme: The Six-Word Spoiler Of Your Life
My entry includes the photo of this post: “SPOILER: My brain. Pieces not important”
The TOP SIX entries will each receive a copy of “A Series of Catastrophes & Miracles!” The website: http://www.sixwordmemoirs.com/story.php?did=1053121
In the end, I realized I would change something about it. I’m not sure if I want it published or not. I suppose I’d be happy either way… I don’t know who it was to say: “The kernel of dissatisfaction in one work is the beginning of the next,” but that person is correct. The “decision” is said to happen by this Saturday or soon after. Wish me luck, I think. Whichever way it falls, I will be pleased. There is another contest I have my eye on, I only don’t know HOW I will adapt the writing to fit into the next project.
For now, my left hand/wrist is hurting tremendously! When I fell in NYC at the end of my trip I strained something severely, but didn’t recognize it at the time, because I was so focused on the cough I suffered. Now, my hand is such I cannot grip even a cup or hold my toothbrush. I am proud I managed an appointment with a hand PT specialist this Friday. I hope he can help me. I don’t imagine it will be the quick fix dad sees it to be (cortisone shot), but I don’t see it as as long a rehabilitation process as my vertigo.
If I’m published, I’ll link everyone to the magazine and I’ll put my entry here. If not, I’ll edit my entry for another publication and keep it under wraps. Til later!
Reminder, the images not photos on my blog are used with permission. Please respect the artist and go to: http://www.sapergalleries.com/Gonsalves.html
It will be high 50s & 60s today, 0% chance of rain! Perfect weather to walk so far! But first, I must:
- Make sure I have my wallet – I need OTC (over the counter med, Ranitidine) I take for my trip at Walgreens, on the way and across the street. –>> Actually, this can wait!! It’s out of the way and I need my ACTUAL Rx again before I go.
- Check stock (online) of Prince of Tides at Barnes & Noble (I want to physically purchase a book in a book store, not Amazon, before I leave for NYC. Patrick Conroy just died and Prince of Tides is LUSH with Southern imagery and will help me with my blog. I want to gift this book to someone at the beginning of my trip and remember to bring my copy of the actual book on my trip!)
- Look at my Shutterfly account. I think I have enough credit for another copy (copies?) of my Germany 2003/2004 photo album that I completed the day before I entered the hospital for surgeries 2 and 3. (It was due 12/10/2007 and I finished it the night before! I remember because that was the date I entered the hospital for my next round of surgeries.)
- Consider upgrading the tiny laptop if I can’t get wifi to work at Starbucks. I’d rather have one that can run the video program I purchased (Corel VideoStudio), anyhow. *Don’t over spend!! Don’t get this if you can’t!! You need to be able to pay for what you need!
- Possibly purchase another Ravenclaw Quiddich jersey (if it will get here in time) with my name on the back, but now my size – this one 2x is HUGE!
- My photo book front:
- My photo book back:
I took her advice to heart and began eating better
- she didn’t push me -> if you push me, rather than simply give me the tools/knowledge and walk away I tend to push back rather than take action!
- she was KINDER and FAR MORE PATIENT than I would have been with me at that point -> knowing what I know now about what I used to eat compared to being stuck in that recliner 99% of the day!
She didn’t say to exercise, because I had already bought the WalgreensActivityTracker and spoke of my intentions to walk, but not of any intention to change how I eat
She is an EXCELLENT Doctor!
I will get a photo with her today, if I can, and post it here, with her permission.
- If you see a photo of me and my doctor, she gave me permission to use a photo of us and I remembered to take one.
- If not, I either: 1. forgot to ask, 2. forgot to take one, 3. BOTH!
My goal – before my #SurvivalDay20 trip – came true this morning!
I WALKED to the Starbucks near my house (but not the one I used to work, because I’m erring on the side of safety) we now have a SIDEWALK to this one and there still is NOT a sidewalk to MY Starbucks!
- Same distance (3 miles),
- I brought my walking stick,
- I got my favorite drink, since I’ve educated myself on what is GOOD FOR ME,
- My dad is driving me home!
Gotta love my dad! LOVE MY #DamnOldMan