I’ve had the sticky note about the date of my WADA test (Feb 13, 2007) stuck to the wall near the door of my apartment for as long as I can remember.
THAT was a bizarre experience.
I was forewarned much of what to expect on the (then ecommunities) forum board of Epilepsy Foundation.
- Watch out! That table is COLD!
- Don’t expect much in the way of privacy.
- Be sure to shave well!
I watched videos on YouTube and read online about the procedure.
- It’s to determine which areas of the brain handle what, so nothing critical is damaged during surgery.
- By “areas handle what” I mean language and motion.
- My seizures were determined to originate on the right side. In 2007, they still did the WADA for the right side.
- They run a catheter from your femoral artery: groin; up THROUGH the heart; into the carotid artery in one side; let loose a
This was unpublished since February, now I see why. It isn’t finished… Ah well… I’m not deleting. I’ll find a link about WADA and post it.
HALF the brain is put to sleep, then the other half, as they test for function and language! For as much as I could comprehend in that state, it was something to experience.